Sacred Heart Academy

The Academy of the Sacred Heart or Sacred Heart Academy was an all-girls, Catholic boarding school in Cincinnati, Ohio, United States, which opened in 1869. The primary-secondary school was run by the Ladies of the Sacred Heart of Jesus. Sacred Heart Academy was a founding member of the Girls Greater Cincinnati League. The academy closed in 1970 for financial reasons.

Neff's Castle

In 1876, the Sacred Heart sisters moved the school to their convent, the former mansion of William Neff, modeled after Kenilworth Castle. The attached Gothic chapel, designed by Samuel Hannaford, was listed in the National Register of Historic Places on April 11, 1973.

Historic uses
  • Single Dwelling

Building Activity

  • OpenBuildings
    OpenBuildings added a digital reference
    about 6 years ago via OpenBuildings.com