Sabine Pass LightEdit profile
The Sabine Pass Light is a historic lighthouse in Cameron Parish, Louisiana, on the Louisiana side of the Sabine River across from the community of Sabine Pass, Texas. It went into operation in 1857 and remained lit for 95 years, with the exception of a brief period during the Civil War. The light was permanently extinguished by the Coast Guard in 1952. The wharfs, keeper's house and wooden outbuilding have all been destroyed by marsh fire.
One of only three built in the United States of similar design, the light was listed on the National Register of Historic Places as Sabine Pass Lighthouse in 1981. A restoration effort is being made by the Cameron Preservation Alliance.
OpenBuildings updated a digital referenceabout 5 years ago via Annotator
OpenBuildings updated a digital reference and added a digital referenceabout 5 years ago via OpenBuildings.com
Randy Ledoux updated 4 mediaabout 5 years ago via OpenBuildings.com
Randy Ledoux uploaded a media fileabout 5 years ago via Mobile