Ryerson Theatre School BuildingEdit profile
The Ryerson Theatre School Building is located at 43 Gerrard St. E., on the north side of the Ryerson University campus in Toronto, Canada, and is the home of the acting, dance, and technical production programs for the Faculty of Communication & Design. Founded in 1971 by Jack McAllister, the three story building was the former Ontario College of Pharmacy Building built in 1885. Along with a series of classrooms and offices the building houses the McAllister Studio (a dance studio named in honour of the schools founder) as well as the Graham and Lloyd dance studios. The Theatre School also contains three acting studio spaces, and one Black box theater, the Abrams Studio theatre. The Abrams Studio is named in honour of a former design and history teacher, Tony Abrams.