Ross Bridge is an historic bridge in the town of Ross in central Tasmania, Australia, completed in July 1836. It crosses the Macquarie River.
The sandstone bridge was constructed by convict labour, and is the third oldest bridge still in use in Australia. Commissioned by Lieutenant-Governor Arthur, the bridge was designed by architect John Lee Archer, with the convict work team including two stonemasons, James Colbeck and Daniel Herbert, the latter being credited with the intricate carvings along both sides of the bridge. The bridge was registered on the Register of the National Estate in 1978.Further reading about the Bridge
- R Smith, Early Tasmanian bridges, Launceston, 1969;
- L Newitt, Convicts & carriageways, Hobart, 1988.