Rogue Valley Medical CenterEdit profile
Rogue Valley Medical Center, or RVMC, is a regional medical center located in Medford, Oregon, United States. It was founded in 1958, and currently has 378 beds. It is one of two hospitals in Medford, the other being Providence Medford Medical Center. The hospital serves nine counties in Southern Oregon, with patients coming from over 200 miles (320 km) away, and is part of the Asante Health System.
In the 1950s, the Medford community raised $1.9 million for a new hospital. On May 1, 1958, the Rogue Valley Memorial Hospital was built for $2.8 million. It had 80 beds and occupied 73,628 square feet (6,840.3 m 2). It was later renamed Rogue Valley Medical Center. The East Wing was added in 1960 for $1.7 million, funded by the Hill”“Burton Act, bringing the total number of beds to 160. Nearly $200,000 more was granted by the act in 1965 for a new diagnostic and treatment center. A child dental clinic, intensive care, coronary, and cancer unit were also added in the 1960s. In the 1970s, a cardiovascular lab, Linear particle accelerator, open heart surgery unit, and a pediatrics building were added. A child development center opened in the 1980s, along with a digital angiography, Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI), and an alcohol treatment center. The new addition on the north side was completed in the 1990s. A library was also built. By 1998, the hospital had grown to 305 beds and 506,000 square feet (47,000 m 2). A major renovation was completed in 2005. It included adding a 210,225-square-foot (19,530.5 m 2) four-story parking garage, expanding the emergency department by 67,500 square feet (6,270 m 2), the diagnostic center by 32,200 square feet (2,990 m 2), and the surgical center by 27,500 square feet (2,550 m 2). A 98,000-square-foot (9,100 m 2) six-story inpatient bed tower was also added, including 112 new rooms.