Robinson HouseEdit profile
The Robinson House is a historic guest house located at the junction of Naamans Road and The Kings Highway (now Philadelphia Pike) in Claymont, Delaware, in the United States. It was built in 1723, on the site of the original settlement on Naaman's Creek. The Block House, which stands a few feet northeast of the Robinson House, is the only remaining building from the original 1654 settlement.
George Washington, General Anthony Wayne, the Marquis de Lafayette, and “Light Horse” Harry Lee were all guests at the Robinson House. From 1914 to 1964, the Robinson House was home to the Naamans Tea House.
The Robinson House is currently the home of the Claymont Historical Society, the Darley Society, and the Naamans Heritage Association.