Robert William Roper HouseEdit profile
Robert William Roper House was built about 1838 in Charleston, South Carolina on land purchased by Robert W. Roper in May 1838. The authors of the nomination form for the National Register of Historic Places (1973) speculated that Edward B. White was the architect, although no evidence is given in support of this. Others have suggested Charles F. Reichardt as the architect, but Reichardt worked exclusively in the Greek, rather than Roman, vocabulary.
It was declared a National Historic Landmark in 1973.
The South Carolina Department of Archives and History summary is located here.