Robbins & Appleton BuildingEdit profile
The Robbins & Appleton Building is a historic building located at 1-5 Bond Street between Broadway and Lafayette Street in the NoHo district of Manhattan, New York City. It was built in 1879-1880, and was designed by architect Stephen Decatur Hatch in the Second Empire style. The building features an ornate cast iron facade and mansard roof and was originally used for the manufacture of watch cases, and by publisher D. Appelton & Company. It is now in residential use. The building next door, at 7-9 Bond Street, is an inferior imitation of its neighbor.
The building was designated a New York City landmark in 1979, and was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1982.