R.Lopez De Heredia Wine PavilionEdit profile
The López De Heredia Winery wanted a new pavilion to contain an older pavilion which had been discovered in its outhouses, originally commissioned for the world trade fair exhibition in 1910.
This new pavilion was to be exhibited at the Alimentaria Fair in Barcelona and then relocated to the bodegas at Haro in Rioja, before being replaced by a new extension of cultural buildings. As such, the new pavilion was a stepping-stone: a bridge between the past, present and future development of the bodega’s legacy.
To determine how the present would evolve, we began by stepping into our vision of the future for the bodegas. As we worked backwards from these studies, our new pavilion started to emerge.
Description by architects.