Rising Sun Auto CampEdit profile
The Rising Sun Auto Camp, also known as the Roes Creek Auto Camp and the East Glacier Auto Camp preserves a portion of the built-up area of Glacier National Park that documents the second phase of tourist development in the park. After the creation of a series of hotels for train-borne visitors, courtesy of the Great Northern Railway's hotel concession, facilities were developed for the increasing numbers of automobile-borne tourists, drawn to Glacier by the Going-to-the-Sun Road. The Rising Sun Auto Camp was created for these new tourists. Located in the Rising Sun region of the park, it includes a rustic general store, built in 1941 by the Glacier Park Hotel Company, surrounded by a number of log tourist cabins., as well as a shower and laundry house and other supporting structures.