Riddick Stadium

Riddick Stadium (opened 1907) is a former college football stadium, home to the North Carolina State University Wolfpack football team. The stadium was named after Wallace Carl Riddick, N.C. State football coach during the 1898-1899 seasons. The Wolfpack baseball team also played its home games in the stadium.

The stadium initially had only wooden bleachers on the sidelines, but over the years concrete bleachers were built and a fieldhouse was erected behind the south end zone. After the completion of Carter Stadium (now Carter-Finley Stadium) the east stands and the field were replaced by a parking lot and the fieldhouse was made into the campus police station. The west stands remained and served a number of functions through the years, including a residence hall in the 1940s and the home of the University Planning office until their demolition in the summer of 2005. The former fieldhouse is now empty as well. SAS Hall, the new mathematics and statistics building, occupies the former site.

Coordinates: 35°47′05″N 78°40′00″W / 35.784748°N 78.66657°W / 35.784748; -78.66657


2 photos

Building Activity

  • OpenBuildings
    OpenBuildings updated 9 media, updated a digital reference, uploaded a media file and added a digital reference
    quyh riddick
    about 4 years ago via OpenBuildings.com
  • Kiril Georgiev
    Kiril Georgiev activity.buildings_person.create
    about 5 years ago via OpenBuildings.com
  • OpenBuildings
    OpenBuildings updated a digital reference
    about 5 years ago via Annotator