Regent railway station, MelbourneEdit profile
Regent is a railway station in Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, located in the suburb of Reservoir, on the Epping railway line. Regent is manned Monday-Friday between 7:30am and 9:30am and is in Metcard Zones 1+2 overlap.
Regent is located at the northern end of the Regent Street level crossing and between Robinson Road and Stewart Street, with station access from the latter two.
The station consists of side two side platforms; Platform 1 has a large brick building, while platform 2 has a smaller brick building. A large Metcard ticket vending machine is located at the entrance to platform 1, which is able to dispense most ticketing options available and also accept notes and coins, aswell as a myki ticket vending machine. A coin-only Metcard ticket vending machine and a myki ticket vending machine are located at the entrance to platform 2. Sheltered waiting areas are available on both platforms.
Regent opened on 8 October 1889 as Preston - Regent Street. It was renamed Regent in 1905.
Platforms, services and connecting bus services
- Suburban Metro Trains services to Flinders Street
- Suburban Metro Trains services to Epping
- 552 Northcote Plaza SC – North East Reservoir via Reservoir RS, Regent RS (every day). Operated by Reservoir Bus Company.
- 553 Preston – West Preston via Reservoir RS, Regent RS (every day). Operated by Reservoir Bus Company.
- 567 Northcote – Regent via Fairfield RS, Northland SC (every day). Operated by Dyson's Bus Services.