Reformed Dutch Church of Second RiverEdit profile
Reformed Dutch Church of Second River, also known as the Belleville Dutch Reformed Church was founded in 1697 as a Dutch Reformed Church, located in present day Belleville, New Jersey. The church is named after the Second River which is a tributary of the Passaic River. The church was rebuilt in 1725 and again in 1807. The church steeple was used as a observation post during the American Revolution. Over 62 Revolutionary soldiers are buried in the adjacent graveyard. The current church building was built in 1853.