The Redick Tower is located at 1504 Harney Street in Downtown Omaha, Nebraska. The eleven-story tower was building in 1930 in the Art Deco style. Originally opening as an office building, with retail on the street level, the building is currently undergoing renovations to become a full service, luxury hotel named, "Hotel Deco".History
The Redick family were Omaha pioneers who owned the land where the building was constructed. Originally designed to house offices, commercial space, and automobile parking facilities, the Redick Tower was built of reinforced concrete with a brick and terra-cotta exterior. Designed by Omaha architect Joseph G. McArthur, the Parsons Construction Company completed the building within a year.
In 1989 the building was converted into a luxury hotel, which closed in 2009. As of 2011 the building is under revonvations to become only the second Four diamond hotel in Omaha, after the downtown Hilton Hotel. The hotel is on schedule to open in late spring 2011 in time for Berkshire Hathaway's annual meeting.,