Reddish Swimming Pool, Library and Community RoomsEdit profile
Reddish Swimming Pool is currently closed (2005). Reddish Buildings Preservation Trust Ltd is currently working on plans to renovate and reopen the swimming pool.
Reddish Swimming Pool was opened in 1908 as part of a complex of municipal buildings which was built as part of the 1901 agreement by which Reddish became part of Stockport. When built the complex comprised a library, fire station, mortuary and swimming pool. The buildings were constructed on land donated by the Greg family. Covenants are in force restricting the uses of the building to its original purposes. In the 1980's the mortuary was closed and the facilities transferred to Stockport. The ground floor of the fire station was converted into a community centre in approximately 1983. The upper floors were originally used for housing by the firemen and are currently not in use. Reddish Library is still open (2010).