Red Run Covered BridgeEdit profile
Red Run Covered Bridge or Oberhaltzer's Covered Bridge is a covered bridge that once spanned the Muddy Creek in Lancaster County, Pennsylvania, United States. It was built in 1866 by Elias McMellen and is currently situated on private property next to the Red Run Campground. It is 107 feet long with a width of 15 feet and is also known as the Oberholzer's Covered Bridge.
The bridge has a single span, wooden, double Burr arch trusses design. It is painted red, the traditional color of Lancaster County covered bridges, on the outside. Both approaches to the bridge are painted in the traditional white color.
The bridge's WGCB Number is 38-36-10. Added in 1980, it is listed on the National Register of Historic Places as structure number 80003539. It is located at 40°10′34.2″N 76°5′0″W / 40.176167°N 76.083333°W / 40.176167; -76.083333 (40.17617, -76.08333).Dimensions
- Length: 107 feet (32.6 m) total length
- Width: 15 feet (4.6 m) total width