Red House ParkEdit profile
Red House Park is a park in Great Barr, Sandwell, England.
The Red House
Within the park is The Red House, a country house built in the 1841 for the then Liberal MP for Walsall, Robert Wellbeloved Scott, and stood in his 27-acre (11 ha) estate. It is now a Grade II listed building.
Previously used as a convalescent home, the house is now owned by Sandwell Metropolitan Borough Council and leased to the British Trust for Conservation Volunteers, but is in a poor state of repair. The council proposes to sell it for development as private apartments, but this is opposed by nearby residents.
The park includes an obelisk, in memory of Princess Charlotte, which was restored in August 2009.
The Park is also home to two small tunnel like structures known locally, and referred to on maps as, Hermit's Cave.