Red Covered BridgeEdit profile
The Red Covered Bridge is a wooden covered bridge that runs over Big Bureau Creek, north of Princeton, Illinois. It was originally built in 1863, at a cost of $3,148.57. The 149-foot (45 m) span is one of five remaining covered bridges in Illinois, and it is still open to traffic. It was once part of the Peoria-Galena Trail.
The bridge was added to the U.S. National Register of Historic Places on April 23, 1975.