Raffles Place MRT StationEdit profile
Raffles Place MRT Station (NS26/EW14) is a Mass Rapid Transit (MRT) interchange station on the North South Line and the East West Line in Singapore. It is directly beneath the centre of the financial district of Raffles Place, located in the Downtown Core area, south of the Singapore River. It is one of the more prominent and busier stations within Singapore's transport system, especially being an interchange station located within the Central Area. The station has a large number of entrances/exits, the two main ones facing the Raffles Gardens, with the building being a miniature facade of the historic John Little building.
It used to be the largest and deepest MRT station in Singapore, but the record was broken by Dhoby Ghaut in 2003 and then by Bras Basah in 2010, which is around 35 metres below ground.
The station is the only MRT station to ever participate in three terrorist exercises - Exercise Northstar IV on Jan 11 2004, Exercise Northstar V, when it was one of 4 stations which participated in the exercise on Jan 8 2006, as well as Exercise Northstar VII on Jul 7 2009 together with Sentosa and VivoCity.
Also, it is one of the 4 MRT stations to appear in the Uniquely Singapore Edition of Monopoly.Shops
The station had shops since the station opened, but was renovated in 2005 for a subtenerean shopping mall known as Raffles Xchange. The cafe known as The Coffee Coneisseur is located in the station as the first eating establishment in an MRT station to serve alcoholic drinks.Exits
- Exit A - Caltex House, Clifford Centre, Clifford Pier, Change Alley, 63 Market Street, OUB Centre, The Arcade
- Exit B - Change Alley, HSBC Building, OCBC Centre, Singapore Land Tower, Wak Hai Cheng Bio Temple (Yueh Hai Ching Temple)
- Exit C - Ocean Towers
- Exit D - Equity Plaza, Republic Plaza
- Exit E - Ocean Building
- Exit F - Capital Square, China Square, Great Eastern Centre, Lau Pa Sat, NTUC Centre (One Marina Boulevard), Prudential Tower, SGX Centre
- Exit G - Boat Quay, UOB Plaza
- Exit H - Asian Civilisations Museum, Empress Place, Bank of China Building, Maybank Tower, Parliament House, The Arts House at Old Parliament (Old Parliament House), Six Battery Road, The Fullerton Singapore, Victoria Theatre and Concert Hall.
- Exit I - Hong Leong Building, Lau Pa Sat
- Exit J - Ocean Financial Centre (U/C)
Current Station Layout
Note: Platform C D is the lowest level platform in the system.Bus services
The following bus services serve the bus stops along Collyer Quay:
The following bus services serve the bus stops along Robinson Road: