Radstock MuseumEdit profile
Coordinates: 51°17′37″N 2°26′55″W / 51.293557°N 2.448552°W / 51.293557; -2.448552
Radstock museum in Radstock, Somerset has a range of exhibits which offer an insight into North Somerset life since the nineteenth century.
The museum was originally opened in 1989 in barns in Haydon, and moved to its current site in the restored and converted Victorian Market Hall, a grade II listed building dating from 1897 which was opened on July 10th 1999 by Loyd Grossman.
Many of the exhibits relate to the now disused local Somerset coalfield and geology. Other areas include aspects of local history including the school and shops, and industries such as agriculture, a forge and carpenter's shop.
Artefacts and memorabilia of the Somerset Coal Canal, Somerset and Dorset and Great Western Railways are also on display.