Rach Mieu BridgeEdit profile
Rach Mieu Bridge is a cable-stayed bridge in the Mekong River Delta, Vietnam. The bridge connects Tien Giang Province (My Tho) with Ben Tre Province, over the Mekong. The construction began on 30 April 2002 and achieved completion on 19 January 2008, also its inaugural date. Total length is 8331 m, including approach ramps, the main bridge is 2868 m.
Under the original schedule, this bridge should have been completed and opened for traffic in late 2007.
- Length: 8331 m including approach ramps. The main bridge consists of two separate parts No. 1 and No. 2 for a total length of 2868 m, which is a cable-stayed structure layout 117m-270m-117m pace, not static navigational clearance height 37.5 m. In the middle of the bridge is island Thoi Son. 990m long bridge consists of two spans up to 90m in length to inform the way the boat is 7m high reinforced concrete beams pre-stressed construction the balanced cantilever method. The span girder bridge that leads pre-stressed concrete reinforced each span 40 metres in length. The ramp has a total length of two 5,463 metres and two main bridges with total length of 2,868 metres crosses two tributaries of Tien Giang and Thoi Son.
- 7:30 am 20 August, Ministry of Transport and two provinces of Ben Tre and Tien Giang held a connection with two cable-stayed span of the Rach Mieu bridge. connect with Tien Giang & Ben Tre province.
- Length of main span is 270 m and clearance is 37.5 m allow ships for 10,000 tons can go through.
- Bridge Width: 12-15 m wide for two lanes of traffic and two lanes for pedestrians
- General construction contractors: a joint venture CIENCO1 - CIENCO5 - CIENCO6
- Bridge Load: 30 tons
- Total investment: VND 1,400 billion
Although newly completed, Rach Mieu bridge has some traffic problems, especially on holidays. Lunar New Year of the Ox in 2009, it was stuck in rush hours from 29th to 6th of Lunar calendar , one of the causes of traffic congestion is due to happen for the traffic on the narrow bridge, while being some vendors do where encroachment trafficking, in addition to those people who visit and take pictures on demand.
- Download Rach Mieu Bridge Photo
Coordinates: 10°24′25″N 105°41′23″E / 10.40694°N 105.68972°E / 10.40694; 105.68972