Rabin Medical Center
The Rabin Medical Center is a medical center in Petah Tikva, Israel. It is currently the second largest medical center in Israel after Sheba Medical Center, having lost the title of largest in 2006. The medical center is owned and operated by Clalit Health Services, Israel's largest HMO It cosists of two main hospitals (campuses): The Beilinson Hospital and the Golda-HaSharon Hospital. The medical center has 1,383 beds, 4,500 staff members, 9,000 annual births, 37 operating rooms, and 34,000 annual operations. In 2007, 8,519 babies were born in the Beilinson and Golda-HaSharon hospitals, of them 4,400 boys and 4,119 girls, including 254 pairs of twins and 5 instances of triplets. 165,005 patients went through the emergency ward in the same year.

Beilinson Hospital
The Beilison Hospital was founded in 1936 for pioneer settlers in the area. All Jewish workers in then-central Palestine agreed to donate two days' worth of wages toward its construction. The hospital originated with 70 beds. The hospital was named after one of its founders, Dr. Moshe Beilinson and was designed by architect Arieh Sharon. In 1938, the first blood bank in Israel was founded in Beilinson, and in 1968, the first heart transplant in Israel was performed there. Beilinson Hospital was the first in Israel to have a dermatology department, a nephrology institute, and a dialysis unit. The first implantation of an artificial heart in Israel was performed at Beilinson in 1995. According to its official website, the Beilinson Hospital currently has 900 beds. The hospital is located on a block between the streets Kaplan, Rabin and Jabotinsky.

Schneider Children's Medical Center of Israel
On October 29, 1991, the Schneider Children's Medical Center of Israel was founded on the hospital grounds - by far the largest such facility in Israel. It was opened to the public in April 1992. It spans an area of 35,000 sq. meters. It was named after two of its major benefactors - Irving and Helen Schneider. It was designed by Marvin Bostin and Jerry Switzer. In 2007, over 52,000 children were treated at the emergency ward of the center, over 15,000 staying for prolonged treatment. 21 children underwent organ transplants, including a heart transplant. 8,360 children underwent miscellaneous operations, of which 450 were heart and blood system operations.

Golda-HaSharon Hospital
The HaSharon Hospital was founded in 1942 by a team of surgeons from the Beilinson Hospital as a satellite surgical unit. It was originally established in a 1-floor building, and named Beilinson II. It originally had 28 beds. Beilinson II was renamed to HaSharon Hospital several years later. In 1982, Golda was appended to the hospital's name, after the late Israeli prime minister, Golda Meir. According to its official website, the Golda-HaSharon Hospital currently has 400 beds.

Merger
While physically separated, the two hospitals were officially merged in 1996 in a budget saving consolidation and the umbrella organization renamed the Rabin Medical Center, in memory of Yitzhak Rabin, the prime minister who had been assassinated in the previous year. This newer name is not widely used by the general public however, which often refers to the entire main hospital complex simply as "Beilinson Hospital".