Purdy Bridge
The Purdy Bridge is a continuous hollow-box girder bridge that spans 550 feet (170 m) (with a central span of 190 feet (58 m)) over Henderson Bay, connecting Purdy, Washington, USA with the Purdy Sand Spit Park. It was built on September 29, 1937, and at the time was the longest continuous box girder bridge in the US, at a cost of $62,000 from a design by Homer M. Hadley. At the time it was built, Purdy Bridge was the first bridge in the United States to utilize a reinforced-concrete box girder design. The bridge was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1982.