Pool Forge Covered Bridge

Pool Forge Covered Bridge is a covered bridge that spans the Conestoga River in Lancaster County, Pennsylvania, United States. The bridge is now on private property where it was once used as a storage barn before the owner added a road to receive vehicle traffic.

The bridge has a single span, wooden, double Burr arch trusses design with the addition of steel hanger rods. It is painted entirely red, the traditional color of Lancaster County covered bridges on the outside. The inside of the bridge is not painted. Both approaches to the bridge are painted in red without any of the traditional white paint.

The bridge's WGCB Number is 38-36-01. Added in 1980, it is listed on the National Register of Historic Places as structure number 80003510. It is located at 40°7′46.8″N 75°58′36.6″W / 40.129667°N 75.976833°W / 40.129667; -75.976833 (40.12967, -75.97683).

History

The bridge was built in 1859 by Levi Fink and Elias McMellen.

Dimensions
  • Length: 99 feet (30.2 m) total length
  • Width: 15 feet (4.6 m) total width

Building Activity

  • OpenBuildings
    OpenBuildings added a digital reference
    about 5 years ago via OpenBuildings.com