Pont-y-gwaith

Pont-y-gwaith (Welsh, "Bridge to work" or "Bridge of the Ironworks") is a historical bridge over the River Taff near Edwardsville, Merthyr Tydfil, Wales.

Pont-y-gwaith was constructed in 1811 to replace the wooden bridge associated with the nearby 16th century ironworks. The bridge was repaired in 1993 by Mid Glamorgan county council and awarded a commendation by the civic trust. This historical bridge is now a Taff Trail heritage site.

Building Activity

  • OpenBuildings
    OpenBuildings updated a digital reference
    about 5 years ago via Annotator
  • OpenBuildings
    OpenBuildings updated a digital reference and added a digital reference
    about 5 years ago via OpenBuildings.com