Point Wilson LighthouseEdit profile
The Point Wilson Light was built in 1913 by the United States Lighthouse Service. At a height of 51 feet (16 m), the beacon is the tallest on Puget Sound, marking the entrance to Admiralty Inlet. The lighthouse replaced an earlier wooden light tower built in 1879 on the roof of the station keeper's house. The Point Wilson Lighthouse, located in Fort Worden State Park near Port Townsend, Washington, is on the National Register of Historic Places and the Washington State Heritage Register. It is one of the most important navigational aids in Washington, a link connecting Puget Sound and the Strait of Juan de Fuca.