Point Cabrillo Light
Point Cabrillo Light is a lighthouse in northern California, United States, between Point Arena and Cape Mendocino, just south of the community of Caspar. It should not be confused with the Point Loma Lighthouse, in San Diego, California, which lies within Cabrillo National Monument and is also sometimes called the Cabrillo lighthouse.

History
Point Cabrillo is named after the Spanish explorer Juan Rodrí­guez Cabrillo, although Cabrillo's voyage of exploration along the California coast did not reach as far north as the point. Point Cabrillo Lighthouse was established in 1909, displaying a 3rd Order Standard Lens and Air Sirens. It is located about 1.5 miles (2.4 km) from Fort Bragg, California. With the exception of a small barn all original buildings stand unaltered. In 1935, an air diaphone supertyfone sound signal was installed. The United States Coast Guard manned the station until 1973, when the lens was covered and a modern rotating beacon was mounted on a metal stand on the roof west of the lantern room. In 2002, California State Parks purchased the light station for four million dollars. The Frolic, an opium trading brig wrecked near Point Cabrillo Light in 1850. The wreckage was rediscovered in 1984. It was the subject of the 2003 episode "Gold Rush Disaster: The Frolic" of the History Channel series Deep Sea Detectives. In 1991 the light station was added to the National Register of Historic Places. A hiking trail, part of the California Coastal Trail, was established in 2011 and connects the light station to Caspar Headlands State Beach one mile to the north.