Podul Grant (Grant Bridge) is a bridge for motorway and lightrail in Bucharest, Romania. It is named after Effingham Grant, the British consul in Bucharest in the mid-19th century. Initially, the bridge was made of steel, and opened in 1910. In the late 1970s, it was remade from concrete. Since then, a number of maintenance and modernisation projects have been executed. The bridge is passed by a tram way (line 41), which was upgraded while Traian BÄƒsescu was mayor, becoming the first lightrail line in Bucharest. Today, the bridge connects Crângaşi Square with Turda Street, crossing West-East over Giuleşti Boulevard, the railroads and GriviÅ£a Boulevard. It is one of the symbols of the football club Rapid Bucureşti, its stadium being located right by the bridge.