Playmakers TheatreEdit profile
Playmakers Theatre, also known as Smith Hall, is a Greek Revival temple built in 1850, that was originally designed by New York architect Alexander Jackson Davis as Smith Hall, a combined library and ballroom. After also being used as a laboratory, bath house, and law school, it became a theater in 1923. The Theatre is the perpetual home of the Carolina Playmakers, although as their successor, the Playmakers Repertory Company uses Paul Green Theatre as their primary venue. It was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1971.
It was further declared a National Historic Landmark in 1973.