Pitmedden GardenEdit profile
Pitmedden Garden is a garden in the town of Pitmedden, Aberdeenshire, Scotland owned by the National Trust for Scotland.Notable features
The garden is noted for its geometric parterres which vary in shape from a thistle to Sir Alexander Seton's coat of arms. Pitmedden also has several long, varied borders which run along the garden walls. Sir Alexander Seton and Dame Margaret Lauder, his wife, established a house and garden at the site in 1675. The original garden was destroyed by fire in 1818.