Philadelphia ContributionshipEdit profile
The Philadelphia Contributionship for the Insurance of Houses from Loss by Fire is the oldest property insurance company in the United States. It was organized by Benjamin Franklin in 1752, and incorporated in 1768.
The current building at 212 South Fourth Street is a Greek Revival office and dwelling structure, designed by noted architect, Thomas U. Walter, and completed in 1836. The building was declared a National Historic Landmark in 1977.