Pere Marquette HotelEdit profile
The Hotel Père Marquette is a 14-story hotel in downtown Peoria, Illinois, United States. It was built in 1926 for $2.5 million (now $31 million after inflation), and features 288 guest rooms. The hotel is named for Father Jacques Marquette, and it is listed on the National Register of Historic Places. It is located directly across the street from the Madison Theatre building and a half block from Peoria City Hall, both on the National Register also.
Renovations took place in 1954 and in 1961. The hotel had further renovations in 1972 when the Père Marquette joined the Hilton Hotel chain, and a renovation and restoration in 1981. The hotel later left the Hilton chain.