Park House Hotel

The Park House Hotel is an historic apartment building in downtown Iowa City, Iowa. The building was built in 1852 and added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1978.

It operated as a hotel for about 10 years before becoming St. Agatha's Female Seminary. For a while it was known as the Burkeley Apartments. Deteriorating badly, the building was almost demolished in the late 1990s, but was renovated and restored. The people living there now enjoy the great location on campus and the majestic courtyard outside that allows for great outdoor activities.

Building Activity

  • OpenBuildings
    OpenBuildings updated a digital reference
    about 6 years ago via Annotator
  • OpenBuildings
    OpenBuildings updated a digital reference and added a digital reference
    about 6 years ago via OpenBuildings.com