Palazzo delle Esposizioni

The Palazzo delle Esposizioni is a neoclassical exhibition hall, cultural center and museum on Via Nazionale in Rome.

Designed by Pio Piacentini, it opened in 1883. It has housed several exhibitions (e.g. Mostra della Rivoluzione Fascista, Mostra Augustea della Romanità), and was temporarily modified during the fascist era due to its style being thought to be out of step with the times.

It has a 139 seat cinema, a 90-seat auditorium, a cafe, a 240-person restaurant, a library and a multi-functional room known as the Forum.

Main exhibitions
  • Esposizione delle Belle Arti del 1883.
  • Exhibition on Garibaldi (1932)
  • Mostra della Rivoluzione Fascista (1932–1934)
  • Mostra Augustea della Romanità (1937)
  • Quadriennale di Roma (1st - 4th, 6th - 10th, 12th, 13th and 15th)
Notes and references

Building Activity

  • Georgi Sokolov
    Georgi Sokolov activity.buildings_person.create
    about 5 years ago via OpenBuildings.com
  • OpenBuildings
    OpenBuildings updated a digital reference
    about 5 years ago via Annotator
  • OpenBuildings
    OpenBuildings updated a digital reference and added a digital reference
    about 5 years ago via OpenBuildings.com