Palazzo della ConsultaEdit profile
Coordinates: 41°53′57″N 12°29′15″E / 41.89917°N 12.4875°E / 41.89917; 12.4875
The Palazzo della Consulta (built 1732-1735) is a late Baroque palace in central Rome, Italy, that now houses the Constitutional Court of the Italian Republic. It sits across the Piazza del Quirinale from the official residence of the President of the Italian Republic, the Quirinal Palace.
The palace was designed by Ferdinando Fuga during the papacy of Clement XII and initially housed the papal tribunal termed the Consulta and the secretariat of the Brevi as well as two corps of papal guards. Fuga ordered the two-storey facade with a piano nobile whose windows have low arched heads set in fielded panels, over a ground floor with low mezzanine. On the lower storey the panels have channeled rustication and rusticated quoins at the corners. Pilasters are applied only to the central three-bay block, which barely projects, and to the corners. The roof-line of the facade is topped by a large coat of arms of the Corsini pope, and is similar to the one of Fontana di Trevi. Lower down, at the entrance, a King of Italy installed his coat of arms.