Palazzo del Collegio PuteanoEdit profile
The Palazzo del Collegio Puteano (Palace of the Putean College) is a building in Piazza dei Cavalieri in Pisa, Italy.
The palace, located near to the Church of St Rocco, was built in the present form between 1549 and 1598, by joining a group of previous houses.
In 1605, it was given in perpetual rent to the Knights of St Stephen, to host some students from Piedmont, by order of Archbishop Carlo Antonio Dal Pozzo, from whom the name Puteano is derived.
Between 1608 and 1609 the façade was decorated with allegoric frescoes by Giovanni Stefano Marucelli. After the suppression of the Knights, the college was closed in 1925, but it opened again in 1930 when the Scuola Normale Superiore di Pisa used the building as Home of the Student of the University.
Coordinates: 43°43′9.55″N 10°23′58.01″E / 43.7193194°N 10.3994472°E / 43.7193194; 10.3994472