Palais SchwarzenbergEdit profile
Palais Schwarzenberg is a Baroque palace in front of Schwarzenbergplatz, Landstraße, the 3rd district of Vienna, Austria. It is owned by the princely Schwarzenberg family.
Construction started in 1697 under the architect Johann Lucas von Hildebrandt and finished with alterations in 1728 under Johann Bernhard Fischer von Erlach. Construction was supervised by master-builder Anton Erhard Martinelli. In 1751, a riding school and an orangery were added. The richly decorated Marmorgalerie (marble gallery) is one of the largest features in the palace.
Today, parts of it are a five star hotel (closed until 2012 due to renovation works) and the building is used for festivities and events.
A Palais Schwarzenberg in Prague also exists near the cathedral on the top of the hill.Neighboring sights
- Am Heumarkt
- Rennweg, Priz-Eugen-Straße, Wieden district
- Russisches-Helden-Denkmal (War Memorial of the Red Army)
Coordinates: 48°11′49″N 16°22′36″E / 48.19694°N 16.37667°E / 48.19694; 16.37667