Palace of MusicEdit profile
The Palace of Music (Zenepalota) is a building in Bartók square, Miskolc, Hungary. It is the building of the Béla Bartók Secondary School and the Béla Bartók Music Institute (a faculty of the University of Miskolc.) The Palace was designed by Gyula Waelder in Neo-baroque style and was built between 1926 and 1927. The construction was financed from USA loans, just like that of the Hotel Palace in Lillafüred and the Market Hall on Búza tér.
The music institute, originally named after the violinist Jenő Hubay, moved into the building in 1927, on the 25th anniversary of its founding.
The Palace plays an important role in the cultural life of the city. It has a large concert hall where concerts are regularly held.Sources
- István Dobrossy: Miskolc írásban és képekben 4. (Miskolc, 1997)
- Miskolc (Budapest, 1979)
- Miskolc (Panoráma magyar városok sorozat, 1982; ISBN 963-243-124-3)
Coordinates: 48°06′13″N 20°46′35″E / 48.103534°N 20.776309°E / 48.103534; 20.776309