The present church building was erected in 1907 following a fire that destroyed the 1st church established…
Our Lady of the Rosary ChurchEdit profile
The present church building was erected in 1907 following a fire that destroyed the 1st church established by French settlers in 1884 as Notre-Dame-du-Lac (Our Lady Of The Lake). The brick and stone Romanesque style church, designed to hold 1,000, features two domed bell towers. It has been designated as a heritage property by the City of Windsor.
Citing the cost of repairing the structure and the declining number of parishioners the Catholic Church closed the church to worship on June 30, 2008.
The current parking lot for this church used to be the site of "Ford City" town hall.church was dedicated in 1908. It closed Oct. 31, 2007