Osborn Street SchoolEdit profile
Osborn Street School is a historic school at 160 Osborn Street in Fall River, Massachusetts. The street was named for a prominent mill-owning family in the city.
The school was built in 1893 as the Normal Training School, which operated as both a teaching school and an active primary and intermediate school. Within several years of its opening, it was referred to as the "Osborn Street School" in city directories. Though the normal school closed some time later, the school continued to operate as an elementary school until 2008, when it closed upon the opening of the new, much larger Carlton M. Vivieros Elementary School. Its name lives on at that school, as the Osborn Inner Court Yard.
The Osborn Street School was added to the National Historic Register in 1983.