Oliver Hastings HouseEdit profile
The Oliver Hastings House is an historic house in the Greek Revival style, located at 101 Brattle Street, Cambridge, Massachusetts. It is a National Historic Landmark.
The house was constructed in 1844 for local builder Oliver Hastings adjacent to the home of poet Henry Wadsworth Longfellow (now the Longfellow House–Washington's Headquarters National Historic Site). It was later the home of William Lawrence, professor and Dean of the Episcopal Theological School and subsequently Bishop of Massachusetts. The house now forms part of the Episcopal Divinity School campus.
The house consists of two main dwelling stories topped by a much smaller, inconspicuous third floor. It is architecturally notable mainly for its front facade, with its central, rounded portico set off by a single, full-height window at either side. Iron grillwork forms accents to the second floor exterior.