Oliphant-Walker HouseEdit profile
The Oliphant-Walker House is an historic home in the Hyde Park Historic District in Austin, Texas. It is also a part of the Shadow Lawn Historic District, a subdivision within the Hyde Park neighborhood established by Hyde Park founder Monroe Shipe.
The house was built in 1894 by area resident William Jones Oliphant, an accomplished photographer. It is a prime example of Queen Anne style architecture, with an elaborate balustrade, front gable, and friezes. The house was sold to Anna Walker, president of the Texas Woman Suffrage Association, in 1916.
The house is located at 3900 Avenue C. It was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1990.