Old St. Luke's Episcopal Church and Cemetery

Edit profile
Old St. Luke's Episcopal Church and Cemetery

St. Luke's Episcopal Church and Cemetery, also known as the Old St. Luke's Church, is a historic Carpenter Gothic church built in 1888 and its adjacent cemetery in Courtenay, on Merritt Island, Florida, in the United States. It is located at 5555 North Tropical Trail. On June 15, 1990, St. Luke's and its cemetery were added to the National Register of Historic Places.

National Register listing
  • Old St. Luke's Episcopal Church and Cemetery
  • Also known as St. Luke's Church
  • Historic Significance: Event, Architecture/Engineering
  • Architect, builder, or engineer: Unknown
  • Architectural Style: Gothic Revival
  • Area of Significance: Architecture, Exploration/Settlement
  • Period of Significance: 1875-1899, 1900–1924, 1925–1949
  • Owner: Private
  • Historic Function: Religion
  • Historic Sub-function: Religious Structure
  • Current Function: Religion
  • Current Sub-function: Religious Structure
Current use

St. Luke's is an active parish in the Episcopal Diocese of Central Florida. In 1978 a new church building was completed adjacent to the old church, built in 1888, which is now used as a chapel for small weddings and funerals. The current rector is the Rev. Father Peter Roberts.