The Old Rep is a theatre located in Station Street in Birmingham, England, managed by Birmingham City Council.
Construction began in October 1912 and it was opened on February 15, 1913 with a performance of Twelfth Night and then a reading by its founder, Barry Jackson, of a poem written by John Drinkwater. When completed it had a seating capacity of 464. Many of the current features are original from the theatre's first opening.
It was the former home of the Birmingham Repertory Theatre and was the first purpose-built repertory theatre in the UK.
Now seating 383, it is the home of the Birmingham Stage Company. However the theatre also stages shows from many small scale touring companies, The Young Rep and several local amateur drama companies.
The theatre has just re opened following major refurbishment of Front of House areas to provide modern and accessible facilities.
The theatre is situated just opposite New Street Station, from which a blue plaque to Barry Jackson may be seen.