Old Lyford High School
This structure was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1985.

Texas Historical Marker Text
Designed by the architectural firm of Smith and Kelly of Galveston, this building was constructed in 1923 for the high school students of Lyford and surrounding communities. The structure is a reminder of the importance of education of the early residents of Willacy County. Representative of the neo-classical style of school architecture, the building features an entrance marked by a pedimented cornice set above the doorway. (1985)

Building Activity

  • Georgi Sokolov
    Georgi Sokolov activity.buildings_person.create
    about 5 years ago via OpenBuildings.com