Old Congregational ChurchEdit profile
The Old Congregational Church is an historic church building on Greenville Road, or Rhode Island Route 116, in the Smithville-North Scituate historic district of Scituate, Rhode Island. Built in 1834, the building is no longer a functional church. Interestingly, the pews face the front door of the church, presumably to embarrass latecomers.
In 1974, the National Register of Historic Places added the building as #74000002. The building is now owned by the town, and the Scituate Art Festival has been held on the church grounds every autumn since 1967. The art festival was originally founded to raise funds to restore the church interior.