Old City WaterworksEdit profile
The Old City Waterworks is a historic site in Tallahassee, Florida. It is located at East Gaines and South Gadsden Streets. On January 31, 1979, it was added to the US National Register of Historic Places.
Prior to the Old City Waterworks, water was obtained from springs. By 1890 public works for water was needed for firefighting and the health of Tallahassee's citizens and the Old City Waterworks was built in 1904 on Gaines Street. The current building was remodeled in the 1920s to 1930s and closed in 1980.References and external links
- Leon County listings at National Register of Historic Places
- Leon County listings at Florida's Office of Cultural and Historical Programs