Old City Gaol, BristolEdit profile
The Old City Gaol is in Cumberland Road, close to Bristol Harbour, England.
It was built in 1832 by Richard Shackleton Pope after the original, which was designed by HH Seward in 1816 was destroyed in the Bristol Riots of 1831. The gaol was closed in 1883 and largely demolished in 1898.
The gaol, entrance wall and gateway & south-east perimeter wall have been designated by English Heritage as a grade II listed building. It is now the centre-piece of a redevelopment project in this area.