Ogle Stadium

Ogle Stadium is an 9,000-seat stadium in Decatur, Alabama, located on the southern end of Decatur High School's campus, and is owned by the Decatur City Schools.

Prior to 1949, the Decatur football team played at the 3,000 person capacity Benson Field that is now a part of Rhodes Ferry Park along the shores of the Tennessee River next to the old Riverview High School.

The stadium is named after former coach, and Alabama Sports Hall of Famer, H.L. "Shorty" Ogle, who led the Red Raiders from 1933 to 1963.

Both of the high schools in Decatur play their home games in this stadium. The one exception is the Decatur vs. Austin game. In this case, one team sits on the away side while the other occupies the home side. The schools alternate each year. This football game usually sells out the stadium, and brings in crowds of over 10,000 to watch the city's major rivalry.


2 photos

Building Activity

  • OpenBuildings
    OpenBuildings updated 9 media, updated a digital reference, uploaded a media file and added a digital reference
    uowc ogle1
    about 4 years ago via OpenBuildings.com
  • OpenBuildings
    OpenBuildings updated a digital reference
    about 5 years ago via Annotator