Ocala Union StationEdit profile
The Ocala Union Station (also known as Union Station Plaza) is a historic site in Ocala, Florida, United States. It is located at 531 Northeast First Avenue, and was built in 1917 by both the Atlantic Coast Line and Seaboard Air Line Railroads. Prior to this, ACL and SAL had separate depots in Orlando. The former ACL station was originally built by the Florida Southern Railroad, while the former SAL station was built by the Florida Transit and Peninsular Railroad. On December 22, 1997, it was added to the U.S. National Register of Historic Places.
The station served as a stop for Amtrak's Palmetto service until 2004. Greyhound, and Ocala's SunTran bus service still use the station to this day. The Shuttleliner bus service offers hourly nonstops to Orlando International Airport from the station.